Winter Practicum Applications
Throughout the season we offer a limited number of spaces for those training to become a certified ACMG guide. This volunteer position involves active observation and participation in our daily guiding operations. When not skiing with the groups, there are a variety of other operational tasks to assist with. Applicants need to hold a minimum qualification of Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA) Avalanche Operations Level 1 and a current 80-hour first aid course. Due to the high number of applications we receive, only those short-listed for a position will be contacted.
Whitecap has about 30 lodge trips per season that practicums can join. We try to give each practicum two trips, which amounts to a full week of experience. The exchange days are Tuesday and Saturday.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a summary of:
- Your experience and trip history
- Relevant skillset and accredited certifications
- Your winter home-base
- Your availability for the season
- Whether you are a repeat practicum or a new applicant
- If you have been recommended to us by anyone we know
- Three references, two of which should be industry-specific.
- Good level of fitness – (e.g comfortable doing 2000m of vertical in a day)
- Professional behaviour
- Excellent customer service
- World class mentorship
- 40% discount on merchandise and drinks at the lodge
- Potential for further guiding experience on international trips and local day guiding around Pemberton.