Your Private Retreat
Escape the city crowds, surround yourself with your favourite people and take refuge from the summer heat in the cool haven of the Coast Mountains. Book out the entire Lodge for private gatherings and special events.
Whitecap’s McGillivray Pass Lodge is a short helicopter ride from Pemberton. Alpine flowers, calm lakes and stunning peaks provide the perfect backdrop for long, relaxing days of hiking, exploring and recharging.
Located in the subalpine of McGillivray Pass, the lodge includes everything our guests expect from a modern yet rustic cabin in the mountains. Amenities include:
- A hot shower
- Lodge sauna
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Heated out-houses
- Fully-equipped kitchen with a full-time chef
- Wifi (unless you want to unplug)
- Electric outlets for all of your gadgets
- Two sleeping cabins and three yurts comfortably accommodate up to 15 guests
Check-in at the Whitecap Office located at the Pemberton Airport to park vehicles. A shuttle transports guests to the Mountain View staging area near Birkenhead Lake. Guests take a short helicopter ride from the staging area up to the lodge.
Guests can pack a maximum of 60 lbs per person, split into two bags.
- One overnight bag in a soft-packed duffle bag with no wheels (40 lbs max weight)
- Day hiking pack (20 lbs max weight)
Additional costs apply for extra baggage.
Included in your trip
- ACMG-trained hiking guides
- Three meals a day, prepared by our on-site chef
- Roundtrip helicopter flights and shuttle transport from Pemberton Airport
- Accommodations in a yurt or sleeping lodges
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Guests are welcome to bring their own wine, beer or spirits
- Keep within luggage weight limits to avoid overweight charges
Deposit of 50% at the time of booking. Final payment at 10 weeks. Non-refundable inside of 4 weeks. 50% refundable 4-10 weeks. 10+ weeks – refund less a non-refundable booking fee of $275 per space booked. No refunds for bad weather or acts of force majeure. Trip cancellation/interruption and medical insurance are advised to be purchased as soon as you book. Cancellation requests need to be received via email to email@example.com
The Evacuation fund can be purchased in addition to this rate for $50 per person.
We recommend that you make sure you have coverage to reduce the costs of extraction in case of a medical emergency.
There are no other refunds given for weather delays or acts of force majeure.