To ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and partners, we have developed a set of Best Management Practices (BMPs). These are designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and to provide confidence that we are doing everything we can to protect our community. In the development of specific sector plans, we have identified five principles, which have been used to guide our operating protocol pertaining to staff and guests. These include:
- Personal Hygiene
- Stay at Home if you are sick
- Environmental Hygiene
- Safe Physical Distancing
- Physical Modification
For Winter 2021/2022 Lodge Trips, a valid vaccination passport, proving double vaccination, will be required for all staff and guests. Guests’ valid vaccination passport will be required by the start date of the trip. If a guest does not have their valid vaccination passport ready to scan, we will be unable to allow them to join the trip and will not provide a refund.
- To not come on your trip if they are feeling ill (BC Government self-assessment tool)
- Maintaining a high level of personal hygiene at all times following provincial guidelines
- Following the health and safety guidelines provided by Whitecap during orientation and adhering to the guidelines outlined in the on-site policy manual administered by the Provincial Health Officer for staff, client and facility health and hygiene procedures
- Maintaining physical distance
- Wearing a face cover/mask in all indoor common areas..
- All group members will maintain appropriate physical distancing when in the field
- Guides will carry extra protective equipment and hand sanitizer for themselves and guests
- Guides and guests will wear protective equipment if first aid is required
- Face masks will be worn in the helicopter
- Transportation services will follow Transport Canada guidelines for air transport and surface transport
- Blackcomb Helicopters has also updated their customer protocol, designed to keep their staff and clients safe. We ask that guests please read passenger protocol before flying into the lodge: Blackcomb Helicopters – COVID-19 Customer Protocols
- Members of the same social pod may share accommodations
- Staff will NOT enter guest rooms while occupied, unless authorized
- All lunches & snacks will be pre-made and placed out for individuals to collect
- Dinner will be plated by chef and placed for pickup by guests
- Meal seating will be arranged to keep space between social pods
Whitecap has always maintained a rigorous cleaning regimen. These protocols will continue with increased frequency.