To ensure the health and safety of our clients, staff and partners, we have developed a set of Best Management Practices (BMPs). These are designed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and to provide confidence that we are doing everything we can to protect our community. In the development of specific sector plans, we have identified five principles, which have been used to guide our operating protocol pertaining to staff and guests. These include:
- Personal Hygiene
- Stay at Home if you are sick
- Environmental Hygiene
- Safe Physical Distancing
- Physical Modification
- A prescreening questionnaire to be completed by each guest, to ensure that everyone is healthy before travelling
- To not come on your trip if they are feeling ill
- Maintaining a high level of personal hygiene at all times following provincial guidelines
- Following the health and safety guidelines provided by Whitecap during orientation and adhering to the guidelines outlined in the on-site policy manual administered by the Provincial Health Officer for staff, client and facility health and hygiene procedures.
- Maintaining physical distance and wearing a face cover/mask when interacting with other staff and clients when there is less than appropriate separation.
- All group members will maintain appropriate physical distancing when in the field
- Guides will carry extra protective equipment and hand sanitizer for themselves and guests
- Guides and guests will wear protective equipment if first aid is required.
- Face masks will be worn in both the shuttle bus and helicopter
- Reduced ridership will be enforced to provide more spacing
- All touch points will be sanitized between exchanges
- Transportation services will follow Transport Canada guidelines for air transport and surface transport.
- Members of the same household or isolation pods may share accommodations
- Staff will NOT enter guest rooms while occupied, or until authorized
- Members of different households will be provided with private accommodations.
- All lunches & snacks will be pre-made and placed out for individuals to collect
- Dinner will be plated by chef and placed for pickup by diners
- Staggered meal times will allow for physical distancing at the dinner table
- All self-serve food items (including coffee buffet, snack table, cold breakfast) will be removed.